Extended Care Services
Community First Medical Center’s Extended Care Facility serves as a transitional unit where a patient can improve their health after a procedure before returning home. Community First’s skilled interdisciplinary extended care team helps each patient and their family achieve their highest level of functioning and safety before being discharged.
The Extended Care Facility is a Medicare-certified, extended-stay nursing clinic that provides high quality, sub-acute rehabilitation and skilled nursing care. Patients recovering from a stroke, orthopedic surgery, respiratory or cardiac illness, and other conditions receive personalized care that is focused on healing and recovery.
For more information, call 773-794-8375.
Extended Care Services Include:
- Attending physicians
- Physician specialists, including psychiatrists
- Registered nurses
- Certified nursing assistants
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Social workers
- Rehabilitation therapists
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation
- Weekly physician-lead rehabilitation conferences
- Aggressive discharge planning including patient and family education and training